Who Am I?

Saturday, August 10, 2013

"Funny Bird"

A few days ago, as I changed my six month old's diaper, my middle son (who was standing at the window) said, "Mom, there's a funny looking bird outside."

"Oh, yeah?" I replied absentmindedly, "What color is it?"

In true four year old fashion he responded, "It looks like an owl! It's sitting on the fence."

When the baby was all put back together, I scooped him up and we went to see the "funny looking bird". This is what we saw about 6 yards away.


How awesome is that? (I'd feel differently if we still had chickens.) This hawk even scanned the ground long enough looking for his breakfast that I was able to walk down the hall to get the camera in order to pull off this one-handed shot with a squirmy babe in arms. We live in a virtual nature preserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!