Who Am I?

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fog

It was foggy in the night. I could tell before the sun even rose. Somehow the darkness was thick looking- near, not so deep. It remained foggy all day. It has been cold lately, with heavy frosts each morning. But was warmer today, hence the fog. At the intervals that I sat rocking the baby, I noticed it thicker, thinner, foggy in the rain, foggy in this part and then later in that. 


As the light waned this evening, I watched it blow in gusts across the upper hay field. It would seep along until everything was ghostly. Then it would blow off. Later waves of it would roll along. As I snuggled my son while he slipped off to sleep, I watched the undulating moisture as bats circled and swooped above it, marveling at the sight as the light faded and the mists drifted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!