Who Am I?

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall Color


The twisters that tore through the midwest this Sunday bypassed us. We got strong winds and lots of limbs down, but didn't even lose power! (Considering our recent 30 hour power outage, we were surprised.) We did lose all the fall color though. The only leaves remaining now are the dry, brown leaves of marcescent trees like the blue beech and ironwood, the red, white and pin oaks. This reminded me that I had not posted any pics of the aforementioned fall foliage. So although they are a bit belated, here are a few...


This is a view of the last stretch of our driveway before it wraps around the house. These are tulip trees/yellow poplars mixed with a few shorter maple trees.
Here's one of the aforementioned maple trees, a red one.
And this maple is yellow.
Aren't these pretty? I can see all of these trees from the windows of my house. I am so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!