Who Am I?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Butterflies and Bluebells

It's morel season again. 
I came across some in the grass near the house. 


I picked them hurriedly, before my son mowed. 


I even found them in the gravel! 
Then I figured that I should follow my own advice (in reverse) 
and venture over to the "bluebell pasture" 
to see if the Virginia bluebells were blooming. 
I had not been to it since Annie's burial


Luckily for me, my toddler condescended to be strapped into the jogging stroller.
We did a little "off-roading" for a while.
I took my camera and even snapped a few photos 
while he played with a pinwheel in the strong spring wind.


Not only were the bluebells blooming magnificently and bobbing in the breeze, 
but many butterflies were flitting among them from flower to flower. 


They danced with each other in rising spirals. It was mildly "magical". 
My young son's quietness is proof! He was also mesmerized.

Can you spot the three butterflies on the move in this photo?
How blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!