Who Am I?

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Coyote in the Road

Early last week, while driving, as I rounded a blind curve on a road near our house, I came upon a coyote. It was hemmed in on either side by cattle fences, so it turned and ran from my vehicle along the road. I followed it at a distance, slowly, in awe, making exclamations to the kids. Eventually, I thought to fish out my phone and snap a photo. That can tell you both how slowly I was driving, and how long this coyote ran down the road! It passed a driveway, but did not turn off. It even passed a horse pasture with board fence, as this picture shows. Finally it came to a break in the cattle fence where there was a pipe gate, and it ducked through. I stopped the car to look after it. And it turned to look at me. It was a weird, magical, surreal occurrence. But all five of my kids were with me, and they will attest to the the veracity of this description. And I have these blurry pictures as proof too. And no, for you skeptics out there, it was NOT a German Shepherd mix- different tails, different ears, different coloring, different leg set-up that makes coyotes look more "leggy." And the coyote was near a point where we often spot coyotes hunting in some fields. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!