Who Am I?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Front Range

taken from our back deck
In my last post I mentioned views of the Front Range. 
We have a pretty nice view of the eastern foothills... 



and the mountains behind them. 
They line the horizon to the west.



We're about 35 miles "as the crow flies" from the foothills. 
Due to the low humidity here, 
we often have very clear views of the mountains out of the back windows of our house. 


With a 30x zoom lens you can see snow blowing off of peaks, 
clouds forming, trees on the slopes, and shadows in the ravines.

Devilshead
Our view starts just north of Pike's Peak 
(which is behind the ridge next to us) 
and just south of Devilshead. 


It continues all the way up past Denver. We can see see skyscrapers and cityscapes too.
The city twinkles nicely below us at night, 
but I haven't figured out how to photograph it yet.



We get a fair amount of fogs as well, as I mentioned in my first post this year. 
Some of them are quite "thick." 
Many of them cause fantastic hoarfrost. 
Some of them are thinner and it's more like being in a wispy cloud. 
On foggy days, our view (or lack there of) can be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!