Who Am I?

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Partly Cloudy

The forecast for today reads, "partly cloudy.
But the air is white with a "fog" of snow. 
Beautiful clumps of large, swirling flakes are falling heavily. 

The snow is just getting started in this picture.
Loggers are taking down trees on the plot of land next to us. 
Snow is slowly blotting out the scar that their white pick-ups make 
when parked on the winter-golden grass of the pasture.
It is muffling the strident sound of the ferocious feller buncher.

I took the short drive into town this morning
to pick up something from the store 
and overheard the bagger ask another employee, "How are ya, Bob?"
"Well..." the man drawled, "I'm not hungry... and I'm not dirty."
"So it's a good day, then!" She responded, laughingly.
"I reckon," he affirmed.

Our new phone book arrived today.
It's 4"x10" and includes every major town in our county. 
And it's not thick either.

The truck is a standard "hot wheels" size.
This is the sort of place I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!