Who Am I?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wild Turkeys



This morning the 11 week old took his first nap at 8:45 am. (Two batches of muffins were already baked and consumed by then too!) It was overcast and raining lightly. As I stood up after laying him in his crib, I spied a flock of turkeys in the hay field. So of course I took my camera to the window to capture the moment- capture it for the children who I couldn't call to the window without waking the baby- capture it for my husband across the world this week in Taiwan- capture it for myself so that it wasn't just a split-second of soon-forgotten, fleeting dream during my day.


Then I snapped a picture of my little turkey or rather, sleeping beauty. I want to remember this moment too. He looks peaceful, but it didn't last long. He has been dubbed, "He of the lethal diaper!" He goes for long stretches without pooping and then will have either a big blow-out (like the proverbial dam burst- only the reservoir was full of mustard) or he will poo diaper after diaper for a few hours taking squirmy, grumpy, fuss-breaks in between diaper changes! If only I could have held him as he slept this morning! But other duties called... duties, and well... doodies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!