Who Am I?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Home-Made Non-Toxic Weed Killer

INGREDIENTS
1 gallon white distilled vinegar
1/4 cup salt
2 teaspoons dish soap (I happened to buy Dawn Ultra. It was on sale locally, and I didn't want to waste my ECOVER.)

DIRECTIONS
Add all ingredients to a tightly lidded container and shake vigorously until salt is in solution.
Pour into a spray bottle.
Coat all possible leaves of the plant that you want to eradicate.

NOTE
Do not spray this on a windy day, as the drift may cause unintentional damage to non-targeted plants.

Sunny days cause this spray to be more effective.

Do not spray on wet plants. This dilutes the weed killer solution and renders it a little less effective.

Particularly tough plants (like poison ivy) require several applications. (I DID eradicate some small poison ivy plants near our patio this way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think... thanks!