Who Am I?

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blooms and Buds






I took quite a few pictures of spring flowers this week (and last week too!) 












With my husband
gone for two weeks, 
I felt compelled
to document the loveliness
that he was missing.









When I showed him my pictures,
he seemed unimpressed
and not particularly interested.













But, 
this is the first time 
that I have seen 
our new spring bulbs in flower.















And I'm enjoying them.





























They are like little surprises each day.





































I especially enjoy 
these elegant and delicate crocuses...











and the macro close-up setting on my camera! 






The anemonies are blanketing much of the front yard.








So far the vinca, daffodils, crocus, snowdrops and anemones are in bloom.


a close-up of an anemone



























There are also other random blooming things like dandelions and pasture plants.













Soon the forsythia will be in bloom. Already the leaves of the maple trees and wild roses are beginning to slowly unfurl.




  


My young daughters made blooms and bouquets of their own for me with sweet gum tree seed pods colored with pink chalk and english ivy leaves artfully arranged. Too soon it will be their turn to bloom.  I hope that when that time comes, I relish their beauty and unfurling with  just as much  gratefulness and joy.



1 comment:

  1. These photographs are positively fantastic! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think... thanks!